Skip to content

Being able to use your home safely

Simple equipment can help you stay at home for longer. This might include grab rails, stair rails or access ramps. To find out more:

Maintaining your home

You can find details of people who can help you with diy around the home. To find people who can help search 'handyperson'.

Trading Standards' website uktsa can help you find trusted:

  • decorators
  • handypersons
  • plumbers
  • electricians
  • builders

Borough and district councils can help older and disabled residents adapt their homes. To find out more search 'Disability Facilities Grant'.

Community alarms

Personal alarms can help you live independently and stay at home for longer. Search ‘community alarms’ to find out more.

Keeping warm in winter

Action Surrey gives advice on:

  • how to keep your home warm
  • grants for replacement boilers and insulation

Safe and Well Visits

Surrey Fire and Rescue can visit you to do a free safety check. To find out more see safe and well visit.