Eating and drinking
Cooking meals or getting to the supermarket
If you are struggling to prepare meals for yourself, or having trouble getting to the supermarket, there are a number of options you may want to consider:
- All of the big supermarkets offer a home shopping delivery service which you can access online.
- Your borough or district council may provide a meals on wheels service in your local area, which will deliver hot meals to your door.
- There may be lunch clubs at a local day centre that you can attend.
- You could look into employing someone to prepare meals for you, through a home care organisation.
- There are also various community transport providers available across Surrey to take you shopping.
To find organisations that provide these services use the links above or enter search terms such as 'lunch clubs' along with your postcode in the search box on this website.
Our Healthy Surrey site provides useful information about how to eat well along with nutrition tips for older people.